Cancers are more complex than we thought not 10s but 100s of mutations
Cancers are more diverse than we thought between individuals with the “same” kind of cancer
Within cancers – differences between cells over time can show different responses to treatment.
Novel Diagnostic in cancer; integrating OMICS and targeted sequencing
- Our understanding of cancer has improved – current treatments are effective in the context of molecular heterogeneity.
- The Key challenges is to translate OMICs data
- The promise of personalized medicine – “the right drug for the right patient at the right time” is failing due to a lack of rapid, accurate, low input diagnostic genomics tools.
- Current issue is Diagnostic tests impact 60% of clinical decision-making and represent <2% of health care spending and <<2% of investment in cancer technologies.
- How can integrated OMICS Diagnostic Assay can accelerate diagnosis, stratify medicine and reduce over treatment
This event is sponsored by: :